MicroCorp is a rapidly growing privately owned telecom and cloud services company looking for a business minded Financial Director to help us manage and chart our short, medium and long term growth. The successful candidate will come from an IT or technology-based company and wants to work in a fast paced environment based on a residual revenue stream model. They will need to balance strategic issues with daily hands-on tasks.
The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions while developing financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide insight to executives regarding financial decisions.
The role is an exciting and challenging one that requires a broad base of experience that includes forecasting and controlling expenses against budget, Financial Planning and Analysis of the business as well as some M&A work.
Our company values energy, self-initiative, innovation, and integrity. We have a history of promoting our employees from within and encourage our employees to pursue a work-life balance. MicroCorp is a great and exciting place to work!
- Participate in the Senior Leadership Team of the company
- Understand MicroCorp’s business and our customer’s business
- Controller Functions
- Overall management of chart of accounts
- Set and manage expense controls and fraud management
- Banking relationships
- Bank reconciliation
- Managing AR and loan repayments
- Cash flow management
- Agent (customer) commissions check/ACH run
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Produce rolling P&L forecasts monthly
- Provide bridge and GAP analysis on key metrics every month
- Assess ROI or IRR for existing areas or new initiatives
- Produce monthly financial review report package to include KPIs
- Work with CPA firm to optimize company tax planning
- Optimize cash on hand
- Manage the balance sheet
- Financial Strategy
- M&A work
- Innovatively chart a financial strategy that supports the five-year strategic plan of the business to include:
- Raising working capital
- Debt options
- Acquisition support
- Creative company structures including sub subsidiaries or separate companies
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, financial or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company
- CPA certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
10 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Working knowledge of managing commissions.